A great journey in progress!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Week 2

Week two of Life Makeovers with Cheryl Richardson: The take action challenge has given me an adventure in a lot of things. First, I had to think about what character qualities I wanted to develop over the next year. I choose a few of them:
Being courageous
Trusting of family and friends
Being honest with myself and others
Being Financially responsible
This is a challenge for me, all of them. I always stuffing things and it is difficult for to trust anyone, and money, oh man, that is a another thing. I wrote out my affirmations for each one of these.
I will be courageous
I will trust my family and friends that they won’t abandon me because of what I believe or how I am feeling.
I will be financially responsibly, by being realistic about what I can afford, and not spending all my money on others.
I will be honest with myself about what is going on in my life and with others too.
Boy, that is a large load to take on, but I am capable of doing these. It was a challenge to not think of the negative self talk that would whip me into submission when the obstacles came into focus.
I realized, after awhile, that I don’t know my authentic self well enough. It has been buried for so long, under the muck, mire, and sewage that has been shoved down my throat for so long. I have a voice, I heard it talking the last week. Must to my amazement I like this woman, and she isn’t that far off in what I truly am.

No comments: