A great journey in progress!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Explorations Of My Heart

I want to see the Redwood trees in California, I want to see Tuscany in Italy, explore the countryside, see the villa’s, see the old olive trees, stomp on grapes and make wine, feel the culture that is there. I want to spend a month at the beach, walking the coast line, hearing the surf, I hear it calling me. I can feel the gritty sand on my feet, I can taste the salt on my lips, I can smell the sea, and I can feel the wind upon my face. I have not gone to the ocean in a long time, I have been cooped up in the drudgery of the dark, I am ready for the light, I am ready for all my senses to explore the places that I want to go. I am not content in the life that I have right now. I need the requiem of the ocean, the balance that I always feel when I am in it’s presence. The balance of the sky upon the water, the sand, the seagulls, the waves, and the noises of the surf brings me peace to my soul. I need it’s peace and the quiet. I usually go to the beach with family or friends, I want to go by myself. I want to center myself, and listen to my voice. I don’t want the negative voice that keeps talking, but the one that is positive and can see things clearly, and without bitterness.

No comments: