A great journey in progress!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Holocaust and The Red Cross

The holocaust is one of the subjects that has been in my mind since I was a little girl, when I saw the movie Anne Frank starring Millie Perkins. It amazed me that someone could be so filled with hate for another culture. It still upsets me that hate is so abundant in the world. That said, this article in the LA Times says that the Red Cross is going to make the records public, isn't it about time? What took them so long to come to that decision? The families of the people who were tortured and or slaughtered should have answers that they have been seeking for close to 60 years now. I mean enslavenment is wrong in any sense, but the families should know what happened to their mothers, fathers, sisters, cousins, friends, or brothers, shouldn't they?

No comments: