A great journey in progress!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Women

I usually keep my political views to myself, I do not like arguing with individuals whose views I do not share. What is the point, you just end up pissing each other off, what does it solve. I chose to let each person have their own views on things, but when it is interfering with someone’s rights as a human being, that is crossing the line. I know that in America, women have a lot more freedom then those in Arabia, and other countries alike. These fundamentalists that prohibit someone’s rights to their own views, beliefs, choices, and opinions, cross the line in ever aspect of the Jesus, or God they profess to worship. I am offended as a woman that men blame women for their raging hormones, the reason they can’t keep it in their pants, the reason that they desire a woman, first off, it is their brain that is causing those desires, not the woman. All she could be doing is licking an ice cream cone, in a pair of jogging pants and a baggy t-shirt and some man would find that alluring and want to pounce on her. I am offended that we are portrayed as dumb women, who should not have a voice, who should not work, whose sole purpose is to take care of their husbands every whim to the determent of their health. I know this first hand, I’ve lived it. I am even more offended that women who have chosen to live without a man, to not put up with the garbage that is thrown at them, are called old hags, or a ball busting bitch. It is offensive to me. I am also not saying that all men have these same views, but a lot do. What baffles me even further is the way women are in denial about how much control they have given away of their own mind, body, and soul to the media, men, organizations, and illusions of what is reality. Everyday I see this, from the many women that I have in my life. I am lucky enough to have a few women who are not taking the world view of what a real woman is and killing themselves to being what everyone else is. I can name a few women who have demonstrated these qualities. I am also glad we have the internet and that there are brave women who sharing their voice. That said, I read this article on Irani Women and it horrified me. It is not as far off to what my own teenage years were like, the only difference is we didn’t have to wear a cover over our heads.
http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm?aid=2780

No comments: