A great journey in progress!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ramblings

On a cloudy, thunderous day, I talked to a couple of good friends, which I have not done in a long while. Monte believes that I can move past these things that are holding me down, I just need to get moving. Getting moving is the hardest part for me, getting started in any project. The other day Amber and I were talking about this same subject, concerning housekeeping. We both hate it, but once we get started we cannot stop. It is the getting started that is the problem.
I am proposing that I have not gotten started on my quest to use my compass, the deep impact of my soul to guide me. I hear it speaking to me when I am sleeping, telling me what I need to do, to accomplish, but I do nothing. Instead I give in to my whims and make those phone calls or do those things that I know I should not.
I must sit down and write out ten things I want to accomplish by September, but I have not gotten started. I procrastinated again, finding solace in a warm better, sleeping, dreaming, and not accomplishing anything. I needed to rest, my face has been hurting for awhile and I am feeling exhausted, though some of the exhaustion is lifting. I am tired of telling people that I want to change, but then I sit there still in the same spot crying oh woe is me. I am tired of hearing myself whining about the same thing. I want to move past my past and step forward into the future I know I can have. I have to start listening to my inner voice and actually follow through on something. Maybe if I break it down into baby steps, I’ll be able to accomplish what I need to do this year in discovering who I am and what I am all about.

No comments: