A great journey in progress!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Music Of The Soul

I am listening to a CD of some of my favorite songs, right now what is playing are the Supremes singing “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”. I just finished a few Aretha Franklin songs “Respect”, “Chain Of Fools”, and of course the classic “Natural Woman”. Earlier, it was country, blues, rock n roll, and heavy metal. I have a wide range of musical tastes, always have. I give anything a chance and I have an open mind to the different possibilities of musical expression. The words and the way the music is played with the different notes and how those combination of notes can change to make a different sound. Songs can express anger like Lucinda Williams song “Drunken Angel”, or it can express sadness like Heartwells “Letters In Lipstick”. It can express goodbyes, hellos, I love you, I adore you, you pissed me off, or any of the different emotions you are feeling at the time. Old, new, and semi old music can express and touch your heart. From Beethoven, Frank Sinatra, Slayer, Heart, Tori Amos, Smashing Pumpkins, Vivaldi, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Martina McBride, Norah Jones, and Jewell. Each artist has their own perspective and way of expressing themselves in their writing. Earlier today I listened to Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dixie Chicks, Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton, Madonna, and Shania Twain. Music is a part of my life, as are movies, books, and plants.

No comments: